Tuesday, June 19, 2007

good reads

i find myself being a wee bit crazy over story books these days.
i think this shall be my new hobby! *chuckles*

found myself walking into MPH one fine day wif qin-a-lings and we spent quite a while in there scouting for good reads.
i made a not-so-surprising discovery abt my girlfren. she completes a novel in like a few days! when i say a few days i mean like 2 - 3 days! like crazy rite? mayb thats why she was in GEP and not me. haha.

she can read real fast man. its scary.
well thats cause i read real SLOW.
slower then my cuzy and definately much slower then most.
omg! maybe im dyslexic! hmmmm.. i've always sucked big time at math and i read/study super slow. so that's where i draw my conclusion. haha.

anyohow... yup so i have a few story books currently which have not been read. i'm three quads thru my latest buy frm Times. 'Simply Irresistable' is the title. indeed it has been. it's easy to read. every detail and adjective used is so descriptive and they become so vivid.
absolutely love it! :)
and i must say the story is touching and erm pretty sexual... haha. abt lust, relationships and such.

i'm looking forward to the ending! will be meeting my darling cuzy tmr for a "reading" session which we postponed frm the last time.
looking forward to complete this read. =)

i also came across this book by Paulo Coelho - The Witch of Portobello.
hope i can get my hands on it.
others also such as 'Golfing with God' by Roland Merullo
Jodi Picoult's - My Sister's Keeper, Vanishing Acts, Second Glance, Mercy

i must go get clear wrap to wrap my paperback books! shall do that tmr!
well i shall save up for these books! :)

im jus hoping my enthusiasm for reading doesnt fizzle out! keep it going! woohoo!
reading is fun! esp nw tt im on hols! keep myself occupied.

so peeps, try picking out a gd read. it will help keep you grounded and take ur mind of the harsh realities of life from time to time. steal time away from our busy schedules jus to be by ourself and quietly read or adopt a reading buddy. how awesome is that.

No comments: